Wednesday, June 08, 2005

What to do? What to DO?

Quote of the Day

If you have a doubtful issue in your life, something with a question mark after it, put it to this fourfold test – The Test of Expediency (I Corinthians 6:12): It may even be good, but is it good for me to do? The Test of Enslavement (I Corinthians 6:12 again): Does it make me its slave? The Test of Edification (I Corinthians 10:23): Does it build me up? The Test of Example (I Corinthians 8)” Does it offend the weaker brother? If your problem clears these four hurdles, it should no longer be a problem.
--Vance Havner


Then there's the lessons that my parents have tought me. 1)There's more than one way to get the job done. 2)Sometimes your choice is between two good things, not one good, and one bad. It can make decision-making a pretty tough issue. For our finite minds, I feel that there are two things that shouldn't be overlooked. 1) Our own free will, and 2) God's sovereignty and power in spite of our limitations.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of thsoe who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" --Romans 8:28

When I'm having a tough time with decisions, it helps me to remember this: That in spite of what I do, God knows all, and is actively working in my life. I may make a choice with good intentions, but that still was not God's idea but my own instead. God doesn't pull his "hair" out (quotes for those scholars out there who'd say "...but Athos, God doesn't HAVE hair) when I mess up.

He in his sovereignty can work in spite of me and create what is good and pleasing to Himself from my life. God is not surprised when I make mistakes, he knows how flawed I am. But when I mess up, he forgives, and then says something that I'm sure is along the lines of "now sit back and watch me make this work ANYWAY". God is Good.

"All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful" - Psalm 25:10. Ours aren't, but his are.

Our decisions should come after much prayer and seeking God's will and leading. Then we must choose, and at the same time TRUST in our Lord.

--Athos

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Guitanguran said...

Just checkin' you out bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home