Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Runner's Log 5-25-05

It's been a few days unfortunately. My apologies. Made a road trip to my alma mater to pick up my sister-in-law for summer vacation, then went east for a day to see other sister-and-brother-in-laws as well. Upon arriving back, my clutch in the truck went out. That evening, a family member went back into the hospital again. It's been a hectic past few days.

Had a great run this morning. It was 92* at 9:30 last night, and 85* by 10:30pm. It only dropped to 74* by this morning. It was back in the 82* range by the time I finished the run.....Texas is similar to Colorado in so many ways (minus the mountains)....but this heat isn't one of them. It's going to be a long summer. :-)

Anyhoo, did a 6.4 mile tempo run in 37:18. It felt really good to run period, let alone turn the pace up a little bit. I'll give it a few more days and then begin a more rigid marathon training plan. I've been mainly working on a distance base, and can now run 10 miles at 6:20/mile. Well....that was before it got as hot as the surface of the SUN here, but you get the point. My base is good enough now that I can start some speed work intertwined in there. I'm 19 weeks out for M-Day, and looking forward to it immensely! No injuries or even twinges, thank you Jesus. Got in contact with my HS coach who is himself a marathoner. I will keep him updated as to progress reports of the training and mine any jewels of advice he can offer as well. Until tomorrow!

Athos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home