Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Runner's Log 6-07-05

Hills, Hills Hills!!! I love Hills, hills are my friend....ah, the old mantra comes back with such a ring of truth. I still love hill running. Today started off well. I did a 3 mile warm up, then hills then a 3 mile cool down. The downside: My new archnemesis- tree pollen of some tree that grows down here that I've never been around before.

The warm up was great. I got loose and felt good. Then did the first set. The hill is a 130meter ..maybe 6% incline. Did a total of 8 repeats building from 60%-80%-100% per third of an ascent. Got the first set done and was getting a little woosy. Muscles were fine, but my chest was aching trying to breath...it was like the air weighed in at 5 pounds an inch or something. Took a rest, and then did the second set. Finished them well, and actuall ran about 150 meters (20 meters past the top) just to do it, but by then I was feeling pretty bad in the lungs. Ended up having to walk most of the cooldown home. Not a fun ending, but a great workout....definitely hit 02 debt today! Big whoopie.

All in all, a good hill run today. I need some more of them for the purpose of leg speed and strength building. Just need some better air next time. With all the humidity and pollen out lately, it's been rough. I do much better once I get out on some open roads, I clear up and feel better....but to get away from the trees, I'm also getting away from the hills around here then. Just have to take it as it comes. Good run, bad air. C'est la vie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home