Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Runner's Log 5/31/05

7.7 miles in 45:12. Great tempo run! I've been off for the past 4 days. Yesterday was Memorial Day, and with the festivities, I didn't have time. Sundays I don't run. Saturday I had an am car wash and the rest of the day was packed with family stuff. Friday I was really struggling with Allergies. Thursday, I just forgot to post up the log.....sorry.

Anyway, I didn't want to push that hard today coming back out, but I didn't feel like just crawling for almost 8 miles either. So, I just hit a groove that felt comfortable and cruised. Imagine my surprise when I came through the 7.7 mile loop in 45:12! Over half of that is grass, just under half is concrete roads or sidewalks. There isn't much asphalt around here. I'd prefer that to the concrete. If I did the math right that's 5:52/mile average??? I think that's right....

Coach Lee, if you see this, tell me what you think! I'll officially be on the Runner's World marathon training plan as of next week....probably enhanced on the mileage just a bit as it only aims for around 50-60 miles a week and I need more mileage than that for a longer race, but we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home