Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Back to the Devotions:

Three posts in one day....I think this is a record. I couldn't help but think of how God has worked in my life. Today's devotion I posted up really struck home. When I look back and see where God has done the most in my life, I notice that I've always dropped what I'm doing and said "ok" and followed immediately.
My parents always tried to teach me that sometimes the choice is not between two or more bad things and one good thing (don't I wish all choices were that simple), but between two or more good things instead. When God calls, I'm usually doing something I enjoy, and I often have to pass up something that I would also enjoy......but His way is best. Living this way is what I call a rocket ride (that's a sacred term to Athos, normally reserved for one heck of a fast race course....it's a running thing, if you don't run, you wouldn't understand). It's incredible, hard to keep up with, and often all I can do is look back and go "Whoa, did that really just happen?", but I wouldn't trade it for a thousand other good things. I met my wife this way (GREATEST BLESSING OF MY LIFE), I ended up in Seminary this way, I ended up in Texas this way, as a youth pastor this way, married this way, etc.
All that is not to say that life has been easy during these times, but this is the way of life I believe that God has designed for me, a life of not getting in my own way because I had too much time on my hands to find something else to do or to second-guess my Lord. May I always remember that when God calls, it is not up to me to prepare the road ahead of me. That has already been accomplished. My job is to follow Isaiah 26:8 and say "Yes, Lord".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home