Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Runner's Log

Today was a great run! This is good considering my last one. I was dehydrated, it was hot and humid (welcome to Texas Athos), and I'm allergic to some tree pollen here and it was rated at high that day (from what I'm hearing, this too is a "welcome to Texas Athos" thing). All in all the time was good. Averaged 6:35/mile for 7 miles. But I felt like crud. Today was much better. Extremely hydrated, running in the cool of the morning (It's good to know 5am exists again) and the pollen and humidity were low. Put in 7 miles at 6:30/mile and felt great the whole time. Could have gone much faster, I've been training at 6:08 pace for the past month, and it's very comfortable now. I'm increasing mileage steadily however and don't wish to hurt the knee again so I'm tempering myself right now. 19 weeks and counting to St. George. Great start to the day. Off now to devotions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home