Tuesday, April 26, 2005

It's on for 26.2!!!

That's right everyone, I'm officially signed up for the St. George Marathon in Utah to be run on October the 1st. I'll be posting training updates periodically. The goal is to increase my long runs by five miles a month for the next4 months on average. So far the training is going well. I'm running a consistent 6:15-6:20 per mile training pace regardless of the distance (longest so far is 7 miles), but that is completely relaxed with no pushing of the pace.
I can afford to have an overall race average pace 30 sec. slower and still break 2hrs 50 min in the race, so I'm very encouraged. Those who know me know that this was supposed to happen last year, but I had to cancel the race. The December before I had injured my knee, and then the following April was in a roll over accident with my track teammates when our van got hit by a drunk driver. Between the wreck and rehab, the knee wasn't strong enough to handle the miles. Thanks to my personal trainer (who also happens to be the most wonderful wife in the world) my knee is successfully holding up to anything I put it through.
So, for the next couple months I'll have a gentle increase in mileage, and start adding in some strength-oriented workouts. I'll keep everyone updated as well as I can! Keep me in your prayers for health, and I will run to give God the glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home