Sunday, November 06, 2005

Runner's Log 11-06-05

Well, it has been a while since I posted here, but not due to lack of running. Training has been well, and maintaining and taper to prepare for the big day. In 7 days, I will be running my first marathon. For any who read this blog, please say a prayer for me around 7:30am Central Standard Time in the USA. That's when I begin. I'm really hoping my old knee injury doesn't show itself in the race. I'm in great shape and am looking forward to a good run and a good finish if at all possible. I'm so excited to be able to finally run this race. The training has been worth it thought to get back into shape to really compete again.

God, Please give me the strength, endurance, and lack of pain from injury to be able to run this race well from start to finish. Thank you Lord for the opportunity. Amen.

Also looking forward to my parents coming into town to see me run. They've been to all of my races from the time I started running in high school. My dad was a marathon runner before I was born and as of a year from now, will be again as we compete in Utah. I'm looking more forward to seeing them again than running, but I'm itching for the competition. It's an itch only competition will cure, as any athlete understands. I pray I can run to potential. Whatever the outcome, I will do my best. Godspeed!

Athosxc

1 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Blogger loosend said...

Two days to go, I hope you do well!

Blessings,
Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home